- Heavy Traffic Triples Heart Attack Risk within one hour. Whether you drive, take the bus, or bicycle, being in heavy traffic triples your risk of heart attack within one hour. 8% of heart attacks could be attributed to being in traffic http://is.gd/nfRu
- Bio-absorbable everolimus-eluting coronary stent 2 years later: absorbed, vasomotion restored, restenosis prevented, safe http://is.gd/neRE
- Alarmed by high death rates from strokes, Portugal plans to decrease salt in bread, blamed for high blood pressure. Portugal has one of the highest mortality rates from strokes in Europe - double that in Spain and 3 times that in France. Strokes account for 20% of deaths in Portugal, reduction of salt intake by 1 gram per day would save 2,650 lives per year. http://is.gd/ndNv
- Daily salt intake in Portugal is a staggering 12.3 grams (ranging from 5.2 to 24.8 gm) http://is.gd/ndQq
- A fall in air pollution levels rapidly reduces airway inflammation in children with asthma and improves airway function http://is.gd/n7ET
- WSJ: JAMA Editor Calls Critic a ‘Nobody and a Nothing’ - JAMA editor to author: "‘You're banned from JAMA for life. You'll be sorry. Your school will be sorry” http://is.gd/neqi
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.