- Restaurant chains are overloading their meals with salt, increasing millions of customers' risk of high blood pressure. 85% of the adult-sized meals at 10 popular chain restaurants have more than recommended limit for daily sodium intake http://bit.ly/8Mlju
- Police officers have increased levels of atherosclerosis compared with a general population http://is.gd/zeHA
- Hospitals see walk-in clinics at retail stores as a source of paying patients and a marketing opportunity. Consumers who use the retail store clinics are “exactly the customers that hospitals want - women of child-bearing age” http://is.gd/zeUD
- People with DM2 have a 3-fold higher risk of acute pancreatitis and 2-fold greater risk of biliary disease http://is.gd/zeWJ
- Similarities between medicine and flying: don't discuss personal matters during work procedures, focus on matters at hand http://is.gd/zeN8
- Debate: Do Electronic Health Records Help or Hinder Medical Education? PLoS Medicine: http://is.gd/z9or
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.