Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 38

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 38th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

  1. Evan Williamsev Seems people drop their phone in the toilet often: http://tinyurl.com/djpbo8 Careful. It could happen to you.
  2. Robert ScobleScobleizer Anyway, I have a ton more to say on Davos and economy and instead of flooding twitter I will take it to my blog.
  3. Zappos.com CEO -Tonyzappos Woke up feeling sick. My plan is to stay in bed today while my body updates its anti-virus software.
  4. Jeff Jarvisjeffjarvis On train watching Swiss people take long walks to nowhere. Must be how they can eat so much great cheese.
  5. Dave Winerdavewiner Now wait a minute -- but if you actually wake up tomorrow, count your blessings. Some people won't wake up. :-(
  6. Dave Winerdavewiner Before you go to bed, think about this, when you wake up tomorrow, 1/12 of 2009 will be behind us. Ridiculous.
  7. Robert Prejssunlogrobert Spent 2.5 hours trying to teach my 45 kg German Shepherd that elongation of my arms is not the aim of our walks.
  8. Biz Stonebiz Friday at 4:05pm is "tea-time" at Twitter HQ but mostly we just drink beer and review the week
  9. colinsegoviscolinsegovis In house AV tech gave me hug and said "we got you covered" after our preconference meeting. New confidence about quality of service.
  10. Robert ScobleScobleizer I just gave a talk to about 30 top executives around the world (non tech) and almost none knew about Twitter, Qik, Kyte. http://ff.im/PcZe
  11. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes RT @davewiner: "Twitter should replace the question 'What are you doing?' with..." -- What are you thinking, feeling and reading?
  12. RobboBiteTheDust the only clouds in a 512 km radius of desert are over my house, And ir is raining. Woke me up.
  13. Chris Seperchrisseper Icon_lock You can't e-mail the mayor and later refer to him as "the major" and hope to get anywhere.
  14. Brad Wrightprogressnotes Boys with unpopular names more likely to break law: http://tinyurl.com/bpoqth And remember that correlation does *not* equal causation
  15. Zappos.com CEO -Tonyzappos 24 hours in NY, back in SF. Flight attendant said she saw Zappos CEO on TV. I said "Me?" She said "No, saw CEO. He was much more eloquent"
Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

If you are included in this post but would like to have your tweet removed for any reason, please email me and will comply with your request the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment