Medpundit Stops Blogging. She Started in March 2002

Medpundit, one of the veteran medical bloggers, decided to stop blogging:

"I no longer have the time needed to devote to it. The phrase "declining reimbursement and rising overhead," is repeated so often in medicine that it seems a cliche, but it's also a reality. I'm spending longer hours at work and seeing more patients to support my office and my family. The 1-2 hours a day it takes to keep up the blog are no longer there. I don't have any hope of that getting better in the foreseeable future. In fact, I anticipate that in the next 1-2 years, I'll be adding even more office hours until I've reached the limits of my physical and mental capabilities.

I've also come to realize that I've been neglecting my family too long.
"

This is sad. People have been reading Medpundit for years.

Related:
Medpundit signs off. GruntDoc.com.
Sunday musings on the medical blogosphere. Notes from Dr. RW.
Medpundit calls it quits. GruntDoc.com, 01/2008.
Year's End, Blog's End. Medpundit, 01/2008.
Image source: Openclipart.com

Updated: 01/02/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment