Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 8

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 8th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

atask
atask @pkedrosky: I"m not even sure he's that good a theorist.
Paul Kedrosky
pkedrosky @atask alan is a lovely theorist, but the worst market progrnosticator since kevin "dow 36000" hassett
atask
atask Wow: Just came across piece from July when RBS strategist Bob Janjuah said the S&P could hit 1050 by Sept., which seemed super-bearish then.
John Battelle
johnbattelle PS - all you parents out there. Do you have dinner each night with kids? We do, but my kids say it's not normal for their friends to do so
Graham Walker
grahamwalker From last night: hematocrit of 12. Impressive, GI bleeder.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes @scanman Your quote: It's time I started showing signs of life at home. Sitting in front of the laptop IS NOT a sign of life as per the wife
Vijay
scanman @AllergyNotes My wife is thrilled that I've such important/influential friends :) She'll be more tolerant of my timewasting on twitter :)
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Twittering more = Blogging less. That's the reality, whether you accept it or not.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes "Testophilia" -- a strong affinity for unnecessary medical tests http://tinyurl.com/63zwtl
Graham Walker
grahamwalker To future patients with ACS, CHF, and acute on chronic renal failure, please space yourselves out by an hour. Can't keep you straight.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Good morning. Obviously my idea of waking up EARLY to tackle the library is no-go.
Paul Stamatiou
Stammy one hour left to memorize 14 pages of images and 4 pages of notes
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Dr. Anonymous says he has a voice (and face) for radio. Check for yourself: http://tinyurl.com/5se98l
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Late dinner for me, the direct consequence of a late lunch.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Surfing eBay for all kinds of things I don't need. Must stop.
Graham Walker
grahamwalker I love watching Central Park change with the seasons. The colors, the events, the people.
Bertalan Meskó
Berci I asked a patient today: What kind of drugs do you take regularly? Answer: A small red one and a bigger white one....
Graham Walker
grahamwalker Other EM MDs: you seeing teens coming in w/ a CC of cough, asking for Tussionex, which they then use to get high? Epidemic here in NYC.
drval
drval I don't want to complain or make them look bad - but seriously, it's so sad. They even asked me to get 3 neg PPDs. It's almost imp. to help
drval
drval They lost my peer letters 3 times, didn't receive FCVS mail, wouldn't return my calls, were in gridlock between ortho and rehab having me
drval
drval Trying to volunteer at Walter Reed. Been waiting 8 months for my papers to process... And we wonder why our troops don't always have access?

Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think it is useful and educational too but ONLY if you follow the accounts that twit about the topics you are really interested in, otherwise it's really a waste of time.
    Is there an archive or something about medical twitter accounts? If there is not already I've just created a group on ning: http://medtweets.ning.com . Maybe it could help to get in touch with new interesting accounts and talk about the phenomena. Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alberto,

    Thank you for your effort. There is already a Twitter healthcare group you may want to check out.

    ReplyDelete