Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 9

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 9th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Steve Rubel
steverubel Steve Pavilina is walking away from $100k/year in Adsense revenue http://tinyurl.com/57osuf
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: I'm so cool--I'm hand-drawing vent flow graphics into PhotoStudio, a simple image-editor I got with my Canon flatbed scanner.
Fred Wilson
fredwilson First acupuncture session went well. The e-stim was a bit intense and the needle in my forehead felt funny. I liked it and will keep it up
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: Learning about plateau pressures! I've always wanted to understand plateau pressures!
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: But I have discovered here that many hospitalists do NOT manage ICU patients--enough intensivists to take that out of their hands.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: Surprised by some of the questions here. I was expecting to be the most ignorant person in the room.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: Not that ventilator alarms should be a familiar sound, but they are.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes CPR study on rhythm/song: Reportedly “Another one bites the dust” has the same rhythm as “Staying alive” but conveys the wrong message... ...
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: Not the world's greatest speaker, poor bloke. I know the RT is a good teacher.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Been talking to other hospitalists at this meeting. Note to my group: seeing up to 20 pts a day, including ventilated folks, not the norm.
Fred Wilson
fredwilson About to try acupuncture for the first time. Hoping it will be a good compliment to the PT I am doing for my shoulder
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes You have to love the term the Twitter team pioneered for social network buddies -- "followers." It makes you sound almost prophetic.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Easy and useful: Twitter can be used to take public notes and have you colleagues and followers comment on them in real time.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: "We don't think about [encephalitis] often enough." I do! Or at least I think I do.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: "Delirium: A Stress Test for the Brain." I like it.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: Ah, the UCSF physician's demeanor. The brisk confidence, the articulate and slightly self-mocking humor. I'd forgotten.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: Now talking about CA-MRSA pneumonia. Yes I've seen it, even in Rural.
sandnsurf
sandnsurf Twittepathical interjection...we have many strange beasts and venomous creatures down under - but a neurohospitalist - woke me from my sleep
Vijay
scanman @ruraldoctoring No such animal in the entire Indian subcontinent. May never have been seen outside the US :)
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring #SHM: We now move on to talk by "neurohospitalist" S. Andrew Jacobson. No such animal has ever been sighted in Rural.
sandnsurf
sandnsurf @AllergyNotes @ruraldoctoring - this is really exciting - I have watched cricket on teletext (UK) but livetweeting is the real deal
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring @AllergyNotes Yup, tweeting LIVE from the Grand Ballroom of the Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Think I've passed my stress test--no chest pain. Near-syncope a few times, but no chest pain.
ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Finally arrived at SHM meeting after sweaty sprint up 16% grade San Francisco hills.

Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment