Google SearchWiki: make search your own

According to Google, "SearchWiki is a way for you to customize search by re-ranking, deleting, adding, and commenting on search results. With just a single click you can move the results you like to the top or add a new site. You can also write notes attached to a particular site and remove results that you don't feel belong. These modifications will be shown to you every time you do the same search in the future. SearchWiki is available to signed-in Google users. We store your changes in your Google Account."



SearchWiki sounds like a good idea and I am planning to use it. I run 2 browsers most of the time:

1. Firefox with Gmail, Blogger, Reader, and other Google services, and Twitter. I am logged in a Google account in Firefox which means that I will see the SearchWiki results.

2. Opera for general browsing such as CNN, YouTube, etc. I am not logged in a Google account in Opera which means I will be able to see the "generic" Google results that are available to most users.

References:
SearchWiki: make search your own. Google Official Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment