Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 11

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 11th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Paul Kedrosky
pkedrosky Missing SoCal sun. Desperate need to photosynthesize.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Tag Cloud: Obama's Speech http://tinyurl.com/5q7k3x

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Tag Cloud: McCain's Speech http://tinyurl.com/6jhlp5

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Tag clouds are fun and can be useful. Will use them in my next presentation: http://www.wordle.net/create

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Re: "fading out." That's why I stick to med education topics - a lifelong activity for me. Expect blogging to continue. Sorry to disappoint.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Relationship between a med blogger activity & "fading out" - the most prolific ones who post on controversial topics flame out fast (1-2 yr)

kevinmd
kevinmd @AllergyNotes Tough to blog and practice medicine. Have to be seriously committed to both to pull it off.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes @scanman Re: "Could u have spelt Vijayaraghavachariar in 3rd grade?" I can't spell it now either... :-)

John Battelle
johnbattelle I have now learned that if I write about drinking, people respond. I am considering the implications.

Graham Walker
grahamwalker Okay, fine, I mostly go to the gym so I can eat protein bars that taste like candy.

Graham Walker
grahamwalker Don't send me a patient from your clinic without a note if the patient has no idea why he was sent, his med problems, or his meds.

drval
drval Good news: he had elephantiasis of the lower limbs, and I'm a good runner.

drval
drval Awkward pt encounter: called police to remove him by force from hospital (was threatening other pts, etc.). Met alone on street 3 hours ltr.

Graham Walker
grahamwalker I should plot # of patients with amount of precipitation. Quiet today til the rain let up.

Vijay
scanman With nearly 6000 tweets under my belt, I'd say I'm an elder-twit. How come I'm still confused about following/followers twittiquette?

Graham Walker
grahamwalker Gym to destress, then bed to recharge.

kevinmd
kevinmd @grahamwalker "Managing 9 patients at once, none of which I could get discharged." And Twittering in between. Amazing.

Doctor Anonymous
doctoranonymous @ruraldoctoring That's why I got out of facebook.

ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Facebook takes a lot of management, doesn't it? Invitations, friend invites, wall postings, etc. I'm woefully behind.

Kent Anderson
kanderson Rainy, dreary morning, trapped inside. Might as well blog!


Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment