Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 13

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 13th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Joshua Schwimmer
KidneyNotes An MD with fever went to a lab, had blood cultures, found bacteria in his blood, & started himself on oral anbiotics. Tip: never do this.

Leo Laporte
leolaporte @davewiner I think it's far preferable to calling himself a "pure-bred." We'll be reading that quote for decades to come.

Dave Winer
davewiner Now -- next topic -- is blogging dead? It's a question that's been coming up since 1998 or so. The answer is no. Next question.

Dave Winer
davewiner Truth is -- we're all mutts. There are no purebred humans. One guy thought he could do it, but we fought a war over it and won.

Dave Winer
davewiner I've never liked the idea of "summits" -- conferences that pretended to have the elite of the elite; they usually have the biggest jerks.

HowardKurtz
HowardKurtz Lawrence O'Donnell floats two-dog theory. Am I the only person in America who doesn't care what kind of dog Obama gets?

Robert Fraser RN(c)
rdjfraser i love podcasts. how else can u attend Stanford, learn wine with @garyvee, learn mngment from @mauzenne and get it all done @GetItDoneGuy

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes This is my 2,001 Twitter post. Using Twitter is more useful and fun than what I expected when I started in June 2008. Recommended.

Vijay
scanman thinking that if I had written coherent, strung together sentences of 140 characters 6000 times, I would have a novel. hmmm!

Paul Stamatiou
Stammy "Based on student loan debt of $100,000.00 to be repaid over 10 years at 6.8 percent interest, my estimated monthly payment is $1,150.80"

Steve Rubel
steverubel I really wish Google would let me search across all of the services I use from them - eg GMail, Notebook, Reader,... http://ff.im/-7eb

DrGourmet
DrGourmet I love living here in New Orleans. It's 5 blocks to WholeFoods, 3 to the grocery, 4 to vote, 5 to Audubon park, 6 to the movies. Beautiful!

ruraldoctoring
ruraldoctoring Win, lose or draw, I'm glad Senator Obama got to see his grandma before she died. 20 yrs from now that will mean a lot to him.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes The 3-billionth photo on Flickr: http://tinyurl.com/5u7plb See the 2-billionth shot here: http://tinyurl.com/69w6eu

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes @TechCrunch Re-tweet: 3 Billion Photos at Flickr http://tinyurl.com/6r94wl, behind Facebook, with 10 billion

DrGourmet
DrGourmet You know, residents are pretty smart. Shame almost none of them are going to be general internists.

Vijay
scanman wondering about number of blogs that I instantly associate w/ author's name rather than actual blog name. a direct consequence of twitter?

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Medical RSS aggregators -- compare this: http://health.alltop.com/ to this: http://medicalcavity.com/. You can use iGoogle to make your own.

DrGourmet
DrGourmet In clinic this morning. Everyone on time because of the change in daylight savings time and they all woke up early.

Stever Robbins
GetItDoneGuy Deleted all messages in my Gmail account older than 3 weeks. (several gigabytes). Amazing. I haven't noticed them missing at all!

Graham Walker
grahamwalker Patient Complaint: Drank bottle of hair product while drunk. I love my job.


Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment