Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 26

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 26th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Doctor Anonymous
doctoranonymous Must.... Back... Away... From.... The... Sweets.. At... The... Office --
Pierre Omidyar
pierre For those of you keeping track, our neighborhood rooster has a snooze button: one crow every 8 minutes for 45 minutes, pre-dawn today.
Dave Winer
davewiner People in the eastern U.S.-- more snow headed your way. Hugs, California
Robbo
BiteTheDust 1 medication error per patient day in US hospitals. http://bit.ly/bzKw
Robert Scoble
Scobleizer I love Twitter. It tells me when I'm wrong. http://tinyurl.com/3u2nu7
Robert Scoble
Scobleizer Or, show me all conversations that happened on first three hours after Chinese earthquake. http://search.twitter.com doesn't do that.
Robert Scoble
Scobleizer Twitter is a data black hole. Quick, pull out all Tweets that contained words Obama and McCain on election night. I can't do it.
Leo Laporte
leolaporte Thanks for the responses. I had no idea how undisciplined we American drivers are. I shall hug the right lane henceforth (except in the UK).
Loic Le Meur
loiclemeur So the funny thing is that everybody calls me to tell me Arrington is irrelevant but they call me talk only about him for an hour. Yeah well
Joshua Schwimmer
KidneyNotes It's eerily silent when the batteries die in your electronic stethoscope.
Loic Le Meur
loiclemeur @kevinrose I always love when you email me but even more when you notice that I answer you
Steve Rubel
steverubel Other than Microsoft Office, everything else I do is in a browser. I suspect that my Office use will be browser based in a few years too.
Leo Laporte
leolaporte Cultural question: it seems that even on a 3-lane highway (like the A11) the French stick to the right lane except for passing. True?
Kevin Rose
kevinrose broke 80k followers, welcome all, thanks adding me. hopefully I can provide you w/something of value, like this: http://tinyurl.com/6nuzge
Lance Armstrong
lancearmstrong Btw, this control was for blood AND urine.
Lance Armstrong
lancearmstrong UCI control. They flew a guy from Germany for it. That makes a ton of sense.
Ed Bennett
EdBennett http://twitpic.com/tzgw - Live by adwords and die by adwords - the up and down traffic of revolutionhealth.com This graph say it all
HowardKurtz
HowardKurtz Google's top search this year: Obama. Yahoo's top search: Britney. If I were Yahoo, I don't think I'd use this in my ads.
Doug Borst
TrueB It took my mom a while to figure out YouTube, but now all she does is look up funny videos of cats riding on roombas.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes It's interesting to see how people who would never keep a blog are prolific Twitter posters. Microblogging is easy http://tinyurl.com/566rsp
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes CEOs' Take on Twitter: Tweets From the Chiefs http://tinyurl.com/566rsp
John Battelle
johnbattelle In conversation with @fredwilson, a thought occurred: Blogs are slow food, Twitter is fast food. But the nutrition in in the mix.

Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment