- Increasing numbers of adults and children cannot afford prescription medicines http://www.nytimes.com/2009...
- ACGME launches Journal of Graduate Medical Education http://tinyurl.com/d6795g
- Drug eluting stents remain a "major concern" in the longer term http://tinyurl.com/bvfdtl
- "Think of medicine as a test of our ability to manage extreme complexity" http://tinyurl.com/c2x4dp
- Patient Safety and Human Error: shifting focus from "human as hazard" to "human as hero" http://tinyurl.com/c2x4dp
- 1.4 percent of all deaths around the world are caused by air pollution particles http://tinyurl.com/d299qt
- Reduction in air pollution led to significant improvements in life expectancy (15% or 0.6 years) in the U.S. http://tinyurl.com/cjsbtl
- Cleaner air prolongs life by 15%, 21 weeks. The bigger the decline, the longer people began living. http://tinyurl.com/d299qt
- One-third of preschool children develop wheezing. At least 75 percent outgrow the problem by age 6. http://tinyurl.com/aameo8
- Preemptive Fluticasone for Virus-Induced Wheezing in Children: less oral steroids needed but also less wt/ht gain http://tinyurl.com/dzfutf
- Oral Prednisolone for Hospitalized Children with Acute Virus-Induced Wheezing: No benefit http://tinyurl.com/ae2u4s
- Giving steroids to children hospitalized with wheezing because of viral infections does not help http://tinyurl.com/aameo8
- "It is disturbing to contemplate how many unnecessary courses of prednisolone have been given over the years" http://tinyurl.com/aameo8
Do you like this post? Subscribe and have articles delivered to your RSS reader or email (see the right sidebar) immediately after they are published. The subscription is powered by Google and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.