Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 31

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 31th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Kevin Rose
kevinrose Gmail just said: "Spellcheck is not supported for Nauru. However, we were able to spellcheck any English text that is in your message." huh?

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes One of Twitter founders: "Life Is Tweet" -- Is it really? Well, I hope it it has more sense and is a just a bit longer

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Jay Rosen: "I don't do lifecasting but mindcasting on Twitter." http://twitter.com/jayrosen...

Dave Winer
davewiner Twitter is my shared notepad. If I want to remember something and I don't mind if everyone else knows it, I just post it here.

Dave Winer
davewiner More and more I use Twitter as if it were del.icio.us.

Tim O'Reilly
timoreilly RT @KathySierra: RT @billbrandon: the meme content in tweets is so lightweight and numerous, it's like being stoned to death with popcorn.

joemd
joemd How to develop empathy, for doctors: Ask your patients, 'How has your (cancer, diabetes, depression, amputation,...) affected your life?'

Michael Harkess
michaelharkess Today's Quote: "An ant on the move does more than the dozing ox." - Lao Tzu

Jay Rosen
jayrosen_nyu Instapundit, a blog, sent one million page views the way of the Knoxville TN newspaper. Glenn Reynolds reflects: http://is.gd/evrw

Darren Rowse
problogger Moral of my poll is... if a Twitter user offers 2 let U use their iPhone.... disinfect, wear gloves or just say no http://twtpoll.com/bz98mt

Darren Rowse
problogger seems that 42% of my followers Tweet from the Toilet - http://twtpoll.com/bz98mt - I feel dirty :-)

atask
atask fwiw, these college kids also playing Billy Joel + Rod Stewart. my 40-something friend and I struggling to make sense of it.

joemd
joemd MD life: Done with a 12 hour day. Two suicidal patients. Two patients with delirium. All want to have good lives. Going home to my good life

Ed Bennett
EdBennett @markhawker Thanks. I like Twitter, but get nervous investing time and attention on a platform that feels fragile.

Jason Shellen
shellen Upside of the new CA texting while driving law, it's only text-based communication! Bi-directional video is OK! You hear that Apple?

Robert Prejs
sunlogrobert Siberian Husky & German Shepherd - both wolfs but so different characters. Shepherd: Wow fireworks! Husky: What fireworks?

Zappos.com CEO -Tony
zappos Movie then bar w/ @electra. Bartender sees us texting, not talking to each other, asks if we got new phones. No, we r catching up on twitter


Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

I agree with RSS inventor, Dave Winer:

Dave Winer
davewiner Twitter is my shared notepad. If I want to remember something and I don't mind if everyone else knows it, I just post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment