- Smoking causes the same cellular defect seen in people with Werner's genetic syndrome that makes people age very fast http://is.gd/iFxb
- Depression and anxiety common among patients with polycystic ovary syndrome, warrants routine screening and treatment http://is.gd/iFvq
- 2 billion people worldwide consume alcoholic beverages, 76 million have alcohol-use disorders http://is.gd/iFo8
- Harmful use of alcohol causes about 2·3 million premature deaths per year worldwide (3·7% of global mortality) http://is.gd/iFo8
- Liraglutide is safe and effective as initial pharmacological therapy for type 2 diabetes mellitus http://is.gd/iFps
- Melatonin analog tasimelteon may have therapeutic potential for transient insomnia in circadian rhythm sleep disorders http://is.gd/iFpN
- Elevated neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) in urine and blood is a strong predictor of CKD progression http://is.gd/iFwc
- NGALs in the blood and urine were inversely, independently, and closely related to eGFR
- Blood concentrations of NGAL were 515.4 ng/mL in CKD patients compared with 35.4 ng/mL in a group of healthy controls
Do you like this post? Subscribe and have articles delivered to your RSS reader or email (see the right sidebar) immediately after they are published. The subscription is powered by Google and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.