- People obese at the age of 18 are twice as likely to die prematurely compared to normal-weight http://is.gd/kKrF
- Being overweight as a teenager boosts risk of premature death by a third - as much as smoking up to 10 cigarettes a day http://is.gd/kKsr
- The incidence of peanut allergy among Australian toddlers has doubled in the past nine years. New term "Gen-A" (generation allergy) reflects high incidence of allergic diseases among children http://is.gd/kIOw
- Healthy men over 55 should consider taking finasteride to prevent prostate cancer. Finasteride is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor used to treat prostate enlargement symptoms and baldness. Finasteride has 2 names: Propecia for baldness and Proscar for BPH, prostate cancer prevention will cost $1,000 a year http://is.gd/kK7Q
- Even a little alcohol increses cancer risk in women. 13% of the cancers of the breast, liver, rectum, and upper respiratory/GI system may be related to alcohol use http://is.gd/kK8X
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.