- Healthier living could prevent about a third of the most common cancers. Better diet, more exercise and controlling weight could also prevent more than 40 percent of colon and breast cancer cases http://is.gd/kYvn
- Good Diet, Physical Activity, and Healthy Weight May Prevent 34% of 12 Common Cancers in the U.S. http://is.gd/kYwa
- Obama to create one bundled Medicare payment to cover both hospital stay & care for the patient for 30 days after release http://is.gd/kYwK
- The Most Dangerous Place to Drive in the U.S? The South has the Highest Rate of Traffic-Related Deaths. Lowest Rate in NE. The Northeast annual rate of motor vehicle-related deaths was 9.8/100,000 people. The rate in the South was double at 19.5. The state with the highest average annual motor vehicle-related deaths is Mississippi http://is.gd/l0qU
- Drug tandem of meropenem and clavulanate (part of Augmentin) works against extensively drug-resistant (XDR) TB. Of 9 million new TB cases annually worldwide, 490,000 are MDR-TB and 40,000 are XDR-TB http://is.gd/l0tU
- Bacteria found in human spit generally similar around the world -- different between individuals, not between continents. Human body harbors 10 times more bacterial cells than human cells http://is.gd/l1ub
- Men with prostate cancer taking statins were 63% less likely to die from the disease than men not taking statins http://is.gd/l1Bw
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.