From the FDA inspectors' report:
* A dead mouse stuck to a glue trap. "The mouse appeared to have died recently," the report reads.
* "What appeared to be rodent excreta pellets too numerous to count were observed in the cabinet under the sink in the south most kitchen."
* "In the cabinet north of the dishwasher ... I counted approximately 27 rodent excreta pellets."
* "Another dead mouse was found just outside the south most doorway of the kitchen. ... This mouse also appeared to have recently died."
* "What appeared to be a bird's nest was observed in the wall/ceiling metal support beam at southwest corner of the mezzanine area."
* Processing machines had buildup of "gooey" peanut paste.
* Numerous roof leaks.
Salmonella. Image source: Wikipedia, public domain.
Wood mouse, Apodemus sylvaticus. Image source: Wikipedia, public domain.
Dead mice found at salmonella U.S. peanut plant. Reuters.
Image source: Peanut butter in a jar, Wikipedia, GNU Free Documentation License.