- Recommended daily sodium intake for people with HTN, over 40, and all African-American adults: 1,500 mg http://is.gd/pair
- A 65-year-old couple retiring in 2009 would need $240,000 to cover medical costs over the rest of their lives http://is.gd/papD
- Pet lovers beware: Cats, dogs are tripping hazards - 240 Americans go to ER daily for sprains, fractures caused by them. Women are 2.1 times more likely to have a pet-related fall http://is.gd/paeT
- Beta-carotene, retinol, and lutein supplements at doses higher than in multivitamins, increase lung cancer risk http://is.gd/pag1
- Video: Post-Op Interview - Lance Armstrong shows X-rays of his clavicle with 12 screws http://is.gd/pamU - Best wishes for speedy recovery!
- Economy Down, Vasectomy Up: Urologists are reporting that twice as many men have been seeking permanent sterilization http://is.gd/pagB
- Bad TV makes for worse medical education: medical students admitted they "learned" how to intubate from ER TV series http://is.gd/p4zJ
- Trans Fat: When Zero Isn't Really Zero - eat a few snack foods a day and trans fats add up incrementally http://is.gd/p4AV
- BBC: "Drinking steaming hot tea may lead to oesophageal (food tube) cancer" http://is.gd/pacE - Who calls the esophagus "food tube"?
- Children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder who are not receiving medication often have sleep disturbances. Sleep problems affect 25 to 50 percent of children with ADHD http://is.gd/padX
Health News of the Day
Health News of the Day is a daily summary made from the selected links I post on Twitter. It is in a bullet points format with links to the original sources which include 350 RSS feeds that produce about 2,500 items per day.