Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 48

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages (called "tweets") that you find interesting, useful, amusing, or disagreeable. Here is the 48th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top): Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.
You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

  1. David PoguePogue Facebook crisis! My 6th-grade bully, literally beat me up, threw my bike in the lake, wants to be my Facebook friend. What's the etiquette!?
  2. Loic Le Meurloic note to self - always see the positive side of any situation and focus on it
  3. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes “This is a year of no jobs,” said one of the university deans, "PhD's are stacked up like planes hovering over La Guardia” http://is.gd/mhFB
  4. David PoguePogue Has anyone else noticed how handsome and gorgeous Twitterers seem to be, when all you see is a 32x32 thumbnail?
  5. Tim O'Reillytimoreilly Smart. The @oreillymedia team is scanning twitter for interesting threads, & using that as the basis for articles. E.g. http://bit.ly/9n7Z6
  6. RobboBiteTheDust Alcoholic hand rubs may be underused by hospital staff but they are being overused by patients trying to get drunk http://bit.ly/9HPjS
  7. doctorkaracadoctorkaraca "We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak." - Epictetus, Greek philosopher.
  8. David Schronceschroncd My wife can offer lots of advice. Good advice. Advice that's been passed down from generation to generation and never been used
  9. David Schronceschroncd I'll never forget the first time I slam-dunked a basketball. Wow, what a feeling. I nearly fell off the ladder.
  10. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes You can't find this in medical journals, only on blogs - they broaden the picture: A doctor reflects on turning 50 http://is.gd/lLQj
  11. WI Family Medicinewidfm Learned one of our Dept's Faculty MD's was a preemie. Weighed only 1lb and change. That's 30+ years ago. Amazing story. #primarycare
  12. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes Fla. woman calls 911 three times because she says McDonald's was out of Chicken McNuggets http://is.gd/lLoY
  13. jenmccabegormanjenmccabegorman (note to self: feverish rants on Twitter = not cool...:) putting my feisty overheated self back to bed
  14. Robert ScobleScobleizer Yo: @emor8t Twitter is not for conversations, come join me over on friendfeed and we'll talk about how stupid I am. Then others can join.
  15. Aaron Watkinsaaronwatkins SM should be integrated not replace a real site. http://bit.ly/6anfB Having to sign in to even see the "site" seems like a publicity stunt.

The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) in Selection of My Twitter Favorites does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind.

If you are included in this post but you would like to have your tweet removed for any reason, please email me and will comply with your request the same day.

1 comment:

  1. Very good list. This is definitely a great way to get your tips, tricks, advice and message out.

    ReplyDelete