Some items are listed below:
- Baby Catcher - an obstetrician
- Bounceback - a patient who returns to the emergency department with the same complaints shortly after being released
- CNS-QNS - Central Nervous System - Quantity Not Sufficient
- Code Brown - a faecal incontinence emergency. Often used by nurses and medical technicians requesting help cleaning up an unexpected bowel movement
- Code Yellow - a patient who has lost control of his or her bladder
- Doc in a Box - a small health-care center, usually with high staff turnover
- Hasselhoff - a term for any patient who shows up in the emergency room with an injury for which there is a bizarre explanation. Original Source: Baywatch actor David Hasselhoff, who hit his head on a chandelier while shaving. The broken glass severed four tendons and an artery in his right arm.
- Shotgunning - ordering a wide variety of tests in the hope that one will show what's wrong with a patient
Medical slang, from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.