- Experts: Soft drink makers should market new semi-sweet beverages that will help wean Americans off sugary drinks. Women who drank more than 2 sugary beverages each day had a 40% higher risk of heart disease http://bit.ly/SqAv5
- People who eat burned or charred red meat, like that cooked on a grill, have a 60% higher risk of pancreatic cancer http://bit.ly/B0UI0
- Study: Insulin resistance when 25% of calories came from fructose-sweetened beverages compared to glucose-sweetened ones http://bit.ly/LwOaF
- 2% of U.S. Population Paralyzed (5.6 Million), paralysis defined as difficulty in moving upper/lower extremities because of CNS causes. Top 3 causes of paralysis: stroke, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis http://bit.ly/SXwmp
- 8.5% of youths 8 to 18 who play video games show signs of addiction that exist in pathological gamblers http://bit.ly/S3xPi
- Men who reported taking aspirin were 14 percent less likely to develop diabetes http://bit.ly/yNQKc
- Walnuts could reduce risk of breast cancer - in mice http://bit.ly/15Ixns
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.