Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 56

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages (called "tweets") that you find interesting, useful, amusing, or disagreeable. Here is the 56th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top): Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people. You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

  1. Biz Stonebiz I just dropped my MacBook Air so it's a little dented but seems to function okay otherwise—it's more like me now
  2. jtopfjtopf I teach the difference btw relative and absolute risk by buying two lottery tickets: doubles chance of winning but you still lose.
  3. Ben Casnochabencasnocha Doing push-ups in secluded gate area of Houston airport. You ask, "Why?" I ask, "Why not?"
  4. Ohio Family PracticeOFPC The 'Journal of Anecdotal Experience' seem to be the most widely cited reference when I talk with other docs!
  5. Ohio Family PracticeOFPC Just did one of my two jobs at home: kill spiders (the other is lift heavy things)
  6. Les Morganlesmorgan @scanman Cheer up Vijay - insomnia is annoying but it's nothing to lose sleep over.
  7. Howard Lukshjluks Of the patients who knew what an EMR was, only 12% knew that PHRs were different techology. Most thought EMR=PHR.
  8. Howard Lukshjluks Had two patients this week who found me via Twitter... Interesting.
  9. Paul StamatiouStammy dating a nurse is hard work.. she has night shift tonight and this weekend. boo
  10. Ohio Family PracticeOFPC Just told a patient: 100 extra calories per day = 10 lbs. of weight gain per year (and the opposite is true: cut 100/d = 10 lbs loss)
  11. Dr. Sanjay GuptasanjayguptaCNN been adding turmeric to my diet since returning from india. it is my #1 spice now. tasty and very good anti-oxidant. ever had it? try it!
  12. spolleyspolley I'm a little sad everyone in the world is starting to join twitter... I liked the thought that it was just us smart ones. :)
  13. Davidchristophil The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
  14. Jason Shellenshellen Reading about acts of violence against children and thinking of buying my own island. I'll never understand these crimes against innocents.

The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) in Selection of My Twitter Favorites does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind.

If you are included in this post but you would like to have your tweet removed for any reason, please email me and will comply with your request the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment