Social Media Goes To Court: Be very careful what you upload online. A presentation by VizEdu.com:
I have commented on similar issues before -- please see the references below
Tips for Medical Bloggers
- Write as if your boss and your patients are reading your blog every day
- Comply with HIPAA
- List your name and contact information
- If your blog is work-related, it is better to let your employer know
- Inquire if there are any blogging guidelines. If there are, comply with them strictly
- Use a disclaimer, e.g. "All opinions expressed here are those of their authors and not of their employer. Information provided here is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice."
- Get your blog accredited by the Heath on the Net Foundation
Study: Future doctors share too much on Facebook. Way too much.
How to write a medical blog and not get fired?
Simply Fired - How NOT to Blog About Your Job. Especially If You Are a Doctor