- Hyperkyphosis Predicts Increased Mortality Independent of Vertebral Osteoporosis in Older Women http://is.gd/BaNZ
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: Screen all pregnant women for syphilis infection. (Grade A recommendation.) http://is.gd/BaPa
- The First Use of Penicillin in the United States: it looks like we remember success better than "failure" http://bit.ly/IyPBM
- Many people who suffer from sleep apnea continue to suffer excessive daytime sleepiness despite CPAP http://bit.ly/yS6mD
- Bipolar disorder has a high relapse rate: 3/4 of hospitalizations for bipolar disorder are repeat admissions. http://bit.ly/DUhsv
- 5•2•1•0 countdown to healthy weight: 5 fruits/veggies/day, fewer than 2 hr of computer/TV time, 1 hr of active play, 0 sugary drinks http://is.gd/AT0s
- "E-Patient Dave, advocates ''participatory medicine,'' in which patients and doctors are collaborators" http://is.gd/AUGf
- CNET asks "Why are doctors such Luddites?" http://is.gd/B1Ij - I don't think they are.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.