- "Health shock": Patients' stroke risk was 200-480% higher in the week after hospital discharge. Risk factors for stroke: 80-84 yo; never married; multi-story building; DM2, HTN, stroke; difficulty picking up a coin http://bit.ly/TBDlI
- Flomax Linked to Cataract Surgery Risks: detached retina or lost lens. Men Who Take Flomax Shortly After Cataract Surgery were 2.3 times more likely to have a serious complication. Cataract surgery is the most common operation in the US. Flomax linked to intraoperative floppy iris syndrome (IFIS) http://bit.ly/frAIH
- Assessing moral attributes in med school interviews, premeds preparing for the “right” answers. http://bit.ly/b3Pws
- TSA says whole-body imaging machines emit 10,000 times less radio frequency than a cell phone http://bit.ly/4j9j9d
- New Tool in the MD's Bag: A Smartphone http://is.gd/BjKY
- "Google Calculating Who’s About to Quit: algorithm gets inside people’s heads even before they know they might leave" http://is.gd/Biee
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.