- There are some interesting articles in this week's editions of NEJM and JAMA. Have a look if you have a few minutes. You will not be disappointed. JAMA and NEJM are using more videos to supplement articles http://jama.ama-assn.org - Good move, make them embeddable too...
- First NEJM article about Web 2.0 use in medicine? Harnessing the Web for Public Health Surveillance http://bit.ly/occSi
- Schizophrenia was associated with an increased risk of violent crime, confounded by substance abuse. In patients with schizophrenia, 13.2% had at least 1 violent offense compared with 5.3% of general population http://bit.ly/NdBQM
- Intramyocardial Bone Marrow Cell Injection for Chronic Myocardial Ischemia: modest improvement in myocardial perfusion http://bit.ly/tc1ri
- Tamsulosin within 14 days of cataract surgery associated with serious postoperative ophthalmic adverse events. Alpha-blockers used to treat BPH (other than tamsulosin) not associated with postoperative ophthalmic adverse events? http://bit.ly/DQ07m
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.