- Medical bills are involved in more than 60% of U.S. personal bankruptcies, an increase of 50 percent in just 6 years. More than 75 percent of bankrupt families had health insurance but still were overwhelmed by their medical debts. 62% of all bankruptcies in 2007 were medical; 92% had medical debts over $5,000, or 10% of pretax family income http://bit.ly/15fke5
- BBC: The majority of all doctors after 2017 will be women, which will have huge implications for NHS workforce planning http://bit.ly/4xMj3k
- PubMed abstract: Using Web 2.0 to enhance a community of practice for intensive care physicians. http://bit.ly/Yhxdj
- ACP: Do internists have confidence in their own training when compared to NPs? Please read the comments: http://is.gd/NxvZ
- Twitter Research by Harvard: "Men Follow Men and Nobody Tweets" http://is.gd/Nv9R
- Video: CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta takes you inside his operating room where he "moonlights" as a neurosurgeon http://is.gd/Ns4o
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.