Do you delete your tweets?

Do you delete your tweets? I do it all the time. All tweets that do not make sense in single view, especially replies like "yes/no" get deleted. Also, I delete most conversational ones that make little sense without the tweet they replied to. See the example below:

Ves Dimov, M.D.
DrVes@Allergy Agree.

The drawback of Twitter, as compared to FriendFeed, is that you can't see a conversation string without using other services.

I treat tweets like words in a word processor - delete, change and replace until you get the meaning right. A tweet is not a blog post.


  1. I'll admit it; I do it to. I agree that a tweet is not a blog post and in some cases doesn't make sense a day later. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with it. If you are making an edit, however, I think you should just send a new tweet with the correction.

  2. I try to review all tweets posted in my account at the end of the day:

    1. The "good" ones are posted on the blog(s) as bullet points.

    2. The ones that have "expired" or were not very good to begin with, get deleted.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin