Do you delete your tweets?

Do you delete your tweets? I do it all the time. All tweets that do not make sense in single view, especially replies like "yes/no" get deleted. Also, I delete most conversational ones that make little sense without the tweet they replied to. See the example below: http://bit.ly/133smM

Ves Dimov, M.D.
DrVes@Allergy Agree.

The drawback of Twitter, as compared to FriendFeed, is that you can't see a conversation string without using other services.

I treat tweets like words in a word processor - delete, change and replace until you get the meaning right. A tweet is not a blog post.

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit it; I do it to. I agree that a tweet is not a blog post and in some cases doesn't make sense a day later. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with it. If you are making an edit, however, I think you should just send a new tweet with the correction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to review all tweets posted in my account at the end of the day:

    1. The "good" ones are posted on the blog(s) as bullet points.

    2. The ones that have "expired" or were not very good to begin with, get deleted.

    ReplyDelete