- Medicare Plans to Cut Specialists' Payments: Allergists get a 3% decrease (see page 716 of PDF for all specialties) http://bit.ly/K8G12
- Oral factor Xa inhibitor Rivaroxaban increases bleeding and might reduce major ischaemic outcomes in ACS. Rivaroxaban oral direct factor Xa inhibitor effective in VTE prevention in elective orthopaedic surgery http://bit.ly/Z8Rvq
- Comparison of liraglutide, a human GLP-1 analogue, with exenatide, an exendin-based GLP-1 receptor agonist in DM2. Liraglutide daily provided greater improvements in glycaemic control than exenatide BID and was better tolerated http://bit.ly/IihtC
- Nifurtimox-eflornithine combination therapy (NECT) for second-stage trypanosomiasis - infusion every 12 h for 7 days. Human African trypanosomiasis (HAT; sleeping sickness) caused by Trypanosoma brucei gambiense is a fatal disease http://bit.ly/uUmZl
- Michael Jackson traveled with "mini-clinic" with IV drips and an anesthesiologist who medicated the insomniac singer. His anesthesiologist helped "take him down" and "bring him back up" during his HIStory tour in mid-90s. http://bit.ly/17Ue1z - "CNN Poll: Half of all Americans are Michael Jackson fans" - if only they had showed it to him earlier... http://bit.ly/3PPSw
- 5 Videos: Mayo Clinic held Tweetcamp to provide basic training for staff in using Twitter, applications in health care http://bit.ly/1PiCJJ
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.