- A Doctor by Choice, a Businessman by Necessity - NYT. A doctor compares himself to a friend who dropped out of medical school 20 years ago to pursue investment banking - NYT http://bit.ly/sOQ8s
- A Culprit in Infertility, Overlooked Yet Treatable: nonclassical congenital adrenal hyperplasia http://bit.ly/dDMmY
- Designer diagnosed with Wilson's disease made a T-shirt for people who have the same condition http://is.gd/1qeaC
- French tennis player Mathieu Moncourt has died at the age of 24 of PE http://bit.ly/8xDkZ - Travel doubles the risk of VTE.
- Web 2.0 for Emergency Physicians http://bit.ly/uFnA0 - A must read. Applies to all physicians. How can physicians deal with information overload? #1. Relax! #3. Build a one-stop shop #4. Search selectively. #5. Be smart, be social. #6. Follow the leaders. http://bit.ly/FwTSX
- Scary: "Strapping Grandma to the Bed: The Unintended Consequences of “No Pay for Errors Medicare Policy” by Bob Wachter http://bit.ly/B9Jkb
- Does the insulin Lantus (glargine) cause cancer? A medical librarian review of literature http://bit.ly/hmK8A
- Step-by-step instructions: "How to extract your DNA at home" include "Observe your DNA jellyfish" http://bit.ly/qYc1x (not serious)
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.