- Healthcare reform in America: 1934-present - WSJ interactive graphics http://bit.ly/Pqg4d
- Scientists convert a camera cell phone into a fluorescent microscope capable of detecting TB bacteria in saliva sample http://bit.ly/3wxqvg
- Scientists say a daily walk in the sunshine could be all that is needed to delay a knee replacement. "People with healthy vitamin D levels maintained their cartilage for longer. In Tasmania, roughly half of the adult population is vitamin D deficient. If we were to make everyone vitamin D sufficient in Tasmania, we'd delay the time of knee replacement by 14 years" http://bit.ly/FnsVP
- CDC: All U.S. children should get seasonal flu shot http://bit.ly/Ws9WJ
- 60% of ACP Internist readers use social media not only personally and professionally but clinically as well. Surprising: 25% of ACP Internist readers (mostly physicians) use social media for clinical purposes - see the examples http://bit.ly/qd24S
- The University of Maryland Medical Encyclopedia brings 50,000 pages of medical content to your iPhone http://bit.ly/LPhvA
- The Wash. Post looks at what sets Cleveland Clinic apart in terms of achieving higher quality at lower cost http://bit.ly/2plUL6
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source/links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.