- Obesity costs the U.S. health care system up to $147 billion a year: An extra $1,429 per year for each obese person. http://bit.ly/dvSOz -- CDC: Recommended Community Strategies and Measurements to Prevent Obesity in the United States http://bit.ly/oP3t6
- "Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one's own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments." Study participants scoring in bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their ability http://bit.ly/9UJxO
- Proposed ban on drug commercials: ads take advantage of hypochondriacs, lead pts to pressure doctors for prescriptions. Critics say the ads overstate benefits and understate risks. http://bit.ly/dDMZf
- No surprise: Adults with high leisure-time Internet and computer use were more likely to be overweight or obese http://bit.ly/raMd9
- What is coup d'ongle sign in pityriasis versicolor? Scratch sign (coup d'ongle, Besnier's) in pityriasis versicolor is loosing of barely perceptible scale with a fingernail http://bit.ly/G7zPu
- Migrant doctors: Over half of primary care doctors are from abroad http://bit.ly/Soe9z
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.