- Retail clinics provide similar care to other medical facilities at significantly lower costs. There are about 1,200 in-store clinics in the United States. Average cost per treatment: retail clinics $110, $156 at urgent care facility, $166 at a doctor's office, $570 at ED http://bit.ly/3yY0Io
- Study: Prostate Cancer May Be Overtreated http://bit.ly/HxSGP
- A study in women with breast cancer found that drinking red wine can help limit the toxic effects of radiation therapy http://bit.ly/1YXUWI
- Health Care and Social Media - a survey and practical examples http://bit.ly/10NpAi
- Illinois Adding "Snack Tax" To Fight Obesity, joins 35 other states http://bit.ly/2cD84G
- Study Finds That Online Education Beats the Classroom http://bit.ly/3v4wUj
- Top 15 Bestselling Drugs of 2008 - a "slideshow-like" blog post (click next image to advance) http://bit.ly/79GVn
- "Web Geekery in Recent Literature" http://bit.ly/4zsisY -- "Clinicians: “Informed patients are not a threat” http://bit.ly/4zsisY - I don't know any doctors who think of informed patients as threats.
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support. Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.
Follow me on Twitter: