Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 25

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 25th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Robert Scoble
Scobleizer Wow, @TheBusyBrain is my 44,444th follower. Now THAT is a cool number. Oh, and this is update 16,200.
Pierre Omidyar
pierre Ok, you have to admit, Bush has very fast reflexes. Surprising, actually. That shoe was going full speed.
sandnsurf
sandnsurf @AllergyNotes ...but if you drink red wine and do those eye exercises, whilst sitting in the sun eating Ipilimumbab...should be OK
doc_rob
doc_rob Friendship is better than Autographs.
Doctor Anonymous
doctoranonymous Patient: I stopped my med when I felt better. Me: Why do you think you got sick again?
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Best way to follow a high-volume Twitterer? Subscribe to his/her RSS feed in Google Reader. High volume > 50 tweets/d and > 50 subscriptions
Brad Wright
progressnotes Feeling a little congested, so it's time for my ZIP regimen: zinc, ibuprofen, phenylephrine.
Robert Scoble
Scobleizer Thought for the morning: Every 10 days Facebook grows a Twitter. http://ff.im/jSMK
Dave Winer
davewiner I thought I had a lot of followers until I saw that @guykawasaki has over 27K and @leolaporte has over 67K! Wow. Them's a lot of followers.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes RT @steverubel Google widget makes it easy to add driving directions to your site. http://ping.fm/a5pTe -- Useful for physician websites.
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes I've been blogging since March 2005. So many other doctors quit in the meantime. Reason I keep going on: 1. I like it; 2. I find it useful
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Academic use of Twitter = intellectual ping-pong http://weblogs.elearning.ub...
Robert Scoble
Scobleizer OK, enough with the cookies. I don't need more cookies. In fact, I need to go on a run and get rid of the ones I tasted in Paris! Heheh.
Lance Armstrong
lancearmstrong Guess what?!? Drug control. #10. Unreal..
Fred Wilson
fredwilson to wrap; typepad 64 months & 4,423 posts, tumblr 17 months & 3,370 posts, twitter 22 months & 4,004 posts. microblogging is easier
Fred Wilson
fredwilson been blogging since sept 2003 and have written 4,423 posts. been twittering since spring 2007 and have written 4,002 posts, 4,003 now
atask
atask Bush's reflexes much faster than the Secret Service. Video here: http://tinyurl.com/6398wl
Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Home pages of medical journals are becoming very different from their "current issue" pages by including video/audio and so on.
Dave Winer
davewiner Okay this is cool, I'm using Twitter on an airplane at 35000 feet. Next, Slingbox to watch Meet The Press which started 1/2 hour ago in CA.
Ves Dimov, M.D.

Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment