Blogging is a happy medium and it's never too late to start

Blogging helps you grow and meet wonderful people all over the world

"What have I learned as a blogger?", a 79-year-old blogger counts the ways:

1. Blogging gives me a focus

2. Blogging helps me stay young

3. Blogging helps me meet wonderful people all over the world

4. Blogging gives me an opportunity to grow

5. Blogging has the potential to create an income

It doesn’t matter if anyone reads it

From an interview of Seth Godin and Tom Peters:

"Blogging is free. It doesn’t matter if anyone reads it. What matters is the humility that comes from writing it. What matters is the metacognition of thinking about what you’re going to say. No single thing in the last 15 years professionally has been more important to my life than blogging. It has changed my life, it has changed my perspective, it has changed my intellectual outlook, it’s changed my emotional outlook. And it’s free."



Doctor, you can be a Twitter superstar in two easy steps

Here is how to start a medical blog today: For doctors: How to start using social media. Indeed, you can be a Twitter superstar in two easy steps.

My advice for doctors who are interested in using social media for professional purposes is simple:

- Start on Twitter, expand to a blog as natural progression.
- Input your blog posts automatically to a Facebook like/fan page.
- Listen to the leading physicians, nurses and patients' voices on Twitter, and reply.
- Comment on blogs.
- Do not be afraid to share your expertise.
- Comply with HIPAA and common sense.

References

Is it Too Late to Start Blogging?

Why you should start blogging in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment