The Cleveland Clinic distributes medical news videos that can be downloaded to a video iPod. You can subscribe to the regular RSS feed to watch the videos on your computer or you can download them directly to an iPod via iTunes. The service is called Health Edge. Videos are available on Google Video, just search for "Cleveland Clinic".
Copy the feed address above in your RSS reader of choice.
Just a few months ago I predicted that it will not be long before the major medical institutions in the country will start using Web 2.0 applications. Just to recapitulate what we have so far:
- Johns Hopkins professors are blogging on Yahoo
- Mayo Clinic has a podcast. It is called Medical Edge vs. the Cleveland Clinic's Health Edge.
- Cleveland Clinic just launched a video podcast. There was no such thing as medical video podcast before Apple unveiled the video iPod in the last quarter of 2005.
- Harrison's Online has a podcast
- New England Journal of Medicine Audio Interviews and NEJM This Week
Newspapers Making Podcasts Now
Doctors from the Top Medical University are Blogging on Yahoo
Medical Podcasts - Direct Links to Subscribe on iTunes
Wikis, blogs and podcasts: a new generation of web-based tools for virtual collaborative clinical practice and education. Boulos MNK, Maramba I, Wheeler S. BMC Med Educ 2006;6:41.
Image source: Cleveland Clinic Health Edge.