LifeHack.org and QuintCareers list top 10 interview blunders - try to avoid them:
- Poor handshake
- Talking too much
- Talking negatively about current or past employers/managers
- Showing up late or too early
- Treating the receptionist rudely
- Asking about benefits, vacation time or salary
- Not preparing for the interview
- Verbal ticks
- Not enough/too much eye contact
- Failure to match communication styles
Most importantly -- don't try to be somebody else, just be yourself.
10 Interview Bloopers. LifeHack.org.
Avoid These 10 Interview Bloopers. Deborah Walker.
Residency Interview Advice from Fat Doctor
Unsolicited Advice to Residency Applicants. Intueri, 2007.
Image source: Wikipedia, GNU Free Documentation License.
How the Match Works(’Cause everyone’s been asking, “So did you get a job?”). Over My Med Body, 02/2008.
Top 10 interview mistakes. CNN, 05/20008.
How to perform on the residency interview. Conrad Fischer's Blog.