- Ozone levels raise risk of death from lung disease by 25 percent to 30 percent. Raising the ozone level by 10 parts per billion raises the likelihood of death from lung problems by 4 percent http://is.gd/mYZt
- Long-Term Ozone Exposure Increases death from respiratory causes but not from cardiovascular causes http://is.gd/mZEu
- Map of Ozone Levels: How Smoggy Is Your Hometown? http://www.npr.org/news/gra...
- Atherosclerosis is reversible through removal of trapped cholesterol-loaded foam-cell macrophages from arterial intima. Atherosclerosis could be reversed by exposure to antioxidant resveratrol, a polyphenolic compound in grapes and red wine http://is.gd/mZCZ
- Percentage of physicians in gen. int. medicine identified as hospitalists increased from 5.9% in 1995 to 19.0% in 2006. Odds of receiving care from a hospitalist increased by 29% per year from 1997 to 2006, to more than 70% in some regions http://bit.ly/18Hndi
- Contact Allergies Common in Dialysis Patients, associated with vascular access conditioning protocols, especially EMLA. EMLA cream was the "primary allergen" in dialysis patients - 9% developed contact allergy after 4 years of exposure http://is.gd/mZwX
- A New Low in Drug Research: 21 Fabricated Studies by a prominent Massachusetts anesthesiologist http://is.gd/mY3w
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.