Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 49

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages (called "tweets") that you find interesting, useful, amusing, or disagreeable. Here is the 49th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top): Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people. You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

  1. Heidi Allendreamingspires Twitterwave: the practice of tweeples spontaneously saying Hi! to people being shown twitter. one after the other.. think mexican wave...
  2. Heidi Allendreamingspires Urban word of day: Social notworking: The practice of spending time unproductively on social-networking sites when one should be working
  3. Ed BennettEdBennett Where are the hospitals? The AHA says there are 5700 hospitals in the US. I've only found 101 here on Twitter. Why?
  4. janoldenburgjanoldenburg It's my baby's 21st birthday today. He's in India and rethinking his life and worldview. I'm proud of him.
  5. Stephen Frystephenfry I've thousands of books and will continue buying them till I die. Smell and feel, yes. Maybe. But that was true of horses - lol x
  6. Stephen Frystephenfry This is the point. One technology doesn't replace another, it complements. Books are no more threatened by Kindle than stairs by elevators x
  7. Jason Shellenshellen Making mistakes, making changes, mistaking changes and changing makes.
  8. Laika (Jacqueline)laikas RT @PhilBaumann: There is no "alternative medicine". It's either medicine or it's not. - "Quote of the Day!"
  9. Heidi Allendreamingspires tiny business card with max info: lists website that leads to many online connections. 30 secs & I am connected several different ways
  10. John Battellejohnbattelle Full moon. Coyotes going nuts on Mt. Baldy. Spring is coming....
  11. David PoguePogue TONIGHT'S MEDITATION (by @alancshaw): I used to work at an orange juice factory, but they canned me because I couldn't concentrate.
  12. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes I use Twitter as a notebook too. Every time I post 6-8 links, a few people unfollow and a few start following = readership adjustment.
  13. precordialthumpprecordialthump Every doctor should have this RSS feed - NEJM Images in Clinical Medicine http://tinyurl.com/ael4p 8
  14. Naseem MillerNaseemMiller The Miles Davis station on Pandora is fantastic for late-night writing. That, and a cup of coffee. And a piece of chocolate.
  15. David Schronceschroncd I’m really not ready to go to bed yet. My wife and I had an argument this morning, and I still have her car keys up my nose.
The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) in Selection of My Twitter Favorites does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind.

If you are included in this post but you would like to have your tweet removed for any reason, please email me and will comply with your request the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment