- Pharmacological prophylaxis of CAD: reductions in both LDL cholesterol and hsCRP are needed. The Lancet: http://bit.ly/1BUbRn
- Japanese researchers say mumps-related hearing loss in children may be 20 times more common than previously suggested. Among 7400 children who took hearing tests after mumps, 0.1% (7) had hearing severe loss that did not improve over time http://bit.ly/rAwcY
- Sleep Clears Way for New Learning: Want to learn something new? Try getting a good night’s sleep or taking a long nap. A very small number of neurons -- 16 out of about 200,000 -- are involved in the formation of new memories. http://bit.ly/12Emeq
- Citric acid in sports drinks linked to erosive tooth wear, wait 30 min before brushing to allow softened enamel 2 reharden http://is.gd/qAmf
- Man felt pain in his face after an MRI, and soon coughed up a nail. Doctors say it may have been lodged there for 30 yrs http://bit.ly/u6BF8
- Demi Moore responds to a suicide threat by a Twitter follower, police later took troubled texter into custody http://bit.ly/MFEM4
- Nurse charged with murdering 5 patients by injecting bleach while they were undergoing kidney dialysis http://bit.ly/RIYr
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.