- 2nd hand smoke: 57% of nonsmokers in NYC have elevated levels of nicotine metabolite cotinine (nationwide average 45%). 2nd hand smoke accounts for 35,000 deaths from heart disease, 3,000 deaths from lung cancer in U.S. nonsmokers each year http://bit.ly/TLMCe
- Psoriasis drug Raptiva (efalizumab) is withdrawn from the market due to 3 cases of PML http://is.gd/rGgx and http://is.gd/rGgD
- Efalizumab (Raptiva), mAb against CD11a, was also tried for treatment of severe atopic dermatitis http://is.gd/rGpt
- Employees who felt that team spirit at work was poor were 61% more likely to have a depressive disorder http://is.gd/rD0c
- With epidural hematoma, survival window without treatment is 90 minutes http://bit.ly/OvarG
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.