- High concentrations of a nicotine byproduct called NNAL in the urine can double the risk of developing lung cancer. Smokers with high urine levels of both nicotine byproducts NNAL and cotinine had more than 8 times risk of lung cancer http://bit.ly/ty0Lp
- "Stay slim to save the planet: overweight people eat more than thin people and are more likely to travel by car. When it comes to food consumption, moving about in a heavy body is like driving around in a gas guzzler" http://bit.ly/YzztU
- NPR: A Food Critic Learns To Eat His Vegetables, by Mark Bittman: "Until recently, most people struggled to get enough calories: Meat was a feast food; sugar, a luxury; fat, a treasure" http://bit.ly/isgOI
- Diabetes Patients Watching Funny Videos 30 min per day had a better HDL and lower inflammatory proteins http://bit.ly/10rPjc
- Low-Dose Naltrexone May Be an Effective, Low-Cost Treatment for Fibromyalgia http://bit.ly/Q0IE
- The movie Supersize Me available for free on YouTube (official release) http://bit.ly/TgfT - You just have to see it, if you haven't already.
- Worldmapper: The world as you've never seen it before http://bit.ly/OSU6N - Be sure to check the different categories in the left sidebar.
- Dr. Zeiger from Google "Gone are the days where you should believe what your doctor tells you.." http://bit.ly/4DGUwU - That's a bad start...
- Hospital Social Network Data & Charts: Blogs are clearly the least used tool - a shame since that's the only long form http://bit.ly/1ayn1N
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.