- Wikipedia is spending $600,000 to create a five-year strategic plan. Demographics of Wikipedia contributors: 80% male, 65% single, 85% without children, 70% under the age of 30. Japanese Wikipedia is dominated by articles about pop culture: 80% of content! http://bit.ly/1dQ8iG
- "It may take days, or weeks (or never) for the idea to crystallize enough to deserve a blog post." http://bit.ly/23WZDh Good luck with that... :)
- Is Facebook Friending' in Your Future? Better Pay Your Taxes First - WSJ http://online.wsj.com/artic...
- Google CEO: "Five years ago, we never really had a strategy." Sergey Brin: "Google job is to do things that matter to the world at scale & it should just boom, boom, boom like that" http://bit.ly/2NN48 -- Why Google won't create the next Twitter or Facebook, Twitter or Posterous http://bit.ly/hbodY
- Academic search committees' encounters with genius: Unsuitable candidates http://bit.ly/G23Bn - Must read :)
- As Mark Twain said, "Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it." via @kingsthings
- Beware of Top 50 “Great Tools to Double Check your Doctor” or whatever Lists. http://bit.ly/n5PII
- Video: "Complimenting strangers http://bit.ly/196isQ (hilarious - if a bit risky)" via @giustini
- Use of Social Media for Alumni Relations and University Development (McGill) http://bit.ly/6a5gb
- "How To Find The Best Free Image/Photo/Graphics Downloads For Your Blog Posts" http://bit.ly/iq1hh
Tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support. Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.
Follow me on Twitter: