Doctors: Can you describe your use of Twitter?

One of the most famous medical librarians in the world, Dean Giustini, asked the question:

Dean Giustini
giustini @AllergyNotes Can you in 200 characters :) (or less) describe your use of Twitter for my (our) article?


Dean is the author of several landmark BMJ editorials on the use of Internet social network services in medicine. Here are my answers. Please add yours in the comments of this post or reply on Twitter.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes @giustini Answer: Use Twitter to gather feedback for new ideas and projects. Enjoy your network -- Twitter is more personal than blogging.


Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes @giustini Answer: Twitter works well for creating a searchable, "no login required" archive of notes. Use it later for blogging ideas.


I agree with Dave Winer:

Dave Winer
davewiner Twitter is my shared notepad. If I want to remember something and I don't mind if everyone else knows it, I just post it here.


Some responses to the question "Can you describe your use of Twitter?" are shown below:

Luis Saldana
lsaldanamd @AllergyNotes Rapid access to all sorts of information, which I can choose how to use. This access provides two way flow of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment