Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 32

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 32nd edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

Vijay
scanman >90% of my online time is spent on gmail, twitter & greader & following links found on those 3

Loic Le Meur
loic I ate so many asparagus and asparagus soup (my diet) that I am BECOMING an asparagus myself. Reminds me the 23andme sticker that even the

sandnsurf
Paul Kedrosky
pkedrosky NEJM: Statistically significant increase in deaths in first week of month. Whew, glad I made it to Jan 8th.

unmc
unmc FYI: The Buffet boot mention is halfway through the program.

unmc
unmc Buffet's cowboy boot donation makes nationa news. Check out NPR: http://tinyurl.com/9fqt9o

Biz Stone
biz "If Facebook were a country, it would be the eighth most populated in the world, just ahead of Japan, Russia and Nigeria." —Mark Z.

Loic Le Meur
loic I have already lost more than 2kgs if you wonder how, no need to click on stupid ads, just see what I eat http://snurl.com/3nj8q

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Juts had an idea: Hospital Social Network List may be a useful resource in your residency, fellowship or job search http://ebennett.org/hsnl

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes A comprehensive list of U.S. Hospitals that use YouTube, Facebook , Twitter or Other Social Networks http://ebennett.org/hsnl/ Thanks, Ed.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Re-tweets are the ultimate "thumbs-up" sign of approval. Thank you. I'm glad you find something useful here. RT are easily seen in TweetDeck

sandnsurf
sandnsurf Just tried to vote in the Medgadget Medblog awards - tricky stuff. It said my votes had already been counted - love telepathic technology

Brad Wright
progressnotes A psych resident: "Psychiatry is not an exact science, but it's not reading tea leaves either. It's somewhere in between."

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes RT @HowardKurtz "Gupta once told me that doing television isn't brain surgery -- it's harder" -- May I respectfully disagree? :-)

joemd
joemd MD life: Dealing with stress - focusing on your breathing often helps. It brings you into the moment and away from your emotional pain.

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes RT @joemd "On empathy: Ask someone to tell you a story about their life. You will understand more why they live on their terms, not yours"

joemd
joemd On healing suffereing: Listening quietly often helps. Quietness connects. People hate to suffer alone.

joemd
joemd On empathy: Ask someone to tell you a story about their life. You will understand more why they live on their terms, not yours.

wheezemd
wheezemd New adult immunization guidelines from the CDC: Smoking and asthma are now indications for the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine.

Robert Scoble
Scobleizer RT @matthewbennett: I have found that adding 'rt' or 'retweeting' to Twitter search queries increases the quality of the results.

Robert Scoble
Scobleizer I could watch TweetDeck all day long. Can you tell I'm running it on a second computer now? :-)

Robert Scoble
Scobleizer RT @eflorida: I see RT at the beginning of a post, and I automatically assume it has more value - particularly based on who is retweeting

Ves Dimov, M.D.
AllergyNotes Change.gov uses word clouds? Top 100 Words in Healthcare Discussion: http://tinyurl.com/69o5bx -- What's next?


Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment