Health News of the Day is a daily summary made from the selected links I posted on Twitter. It is in a bullet points format with links to the original sources.
- Efficacy of Pneumococcal Vaccine Questionable According to a New Meta-Analysis http://tinyurl.com/7deld4
- We have finally found something statins cannot treat: Adding a Statin to Inhaled Corticosteroids Does Not Improve Asthma Control http://tinyurl.com/8ac4sa
- From 1985 to 2001 the prevalence of asthma worldwide has risen 100%. About 300 million people have asthma http://tinyurl.com/9ntld9
- More than 250,000 people die each year from asthma; and deaths could increase by 20% in the next 10 years http://tinyurl.com/9ntld9
- Birth 4 mo prior to winter virus peak (fall inNorthern hemisphere) increases odds of developing asthma by 30% http://tinyurl.com/9ntld9
- PCV7 pneumococcal vaccine (Prevnar) cut the rate of pneumococcal meningitis by 30 percent in children and adults http://tinyurl.com/8n686l
- What is "Man-o-gram"? "Ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging or other method to find dangerous prostate tumors" http://tinyurl.com/8v8gfq
- Priorities: British women are more worried about their weight and ageing than about developing cancer http://tinyurl.com/86mam4
- Live-Birth Rates after 6 cycles of IVF: 50-70%. IVF may largely overcome infertility in younger women http://tinyurl.com/9xpqvd
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.