- Swimmers at Florida beaches have a 37% higher risk of being exposed to Staphylococcus aureus, including MRSA http://is.gd/jtIG
- Vitamin D Deficiency: A Risk Factor for Heart Disease? http://circ.ahajournals.org...
- An injection of a patient's own bone-forming cells (osteoblasts) can speed the healing of fractures http://is.gd/jup9
- Osteoblast injection into fracture area, under local anesthesia, was associated with a marked increase in fracture healing http://is.gd/jup9
- Procalcitonin May Predict Serious Bacterial Infection in Febrile Infants, Medscape: http://tinyurl.com/dmt3x9
- High-Dose Statins May Reduce Mortality in Sepsis Patients by 20%, Medscape: http://tinyurl.com/anb6qw
- Persons with chronic mental illness and/or substance abuse constitute 22% of US pop but consume 44% of cigarettes: http://tinyurl.com/btxxv5
- On average, patients with mental illness die 25 years earlier than the general population: http://tinyurl.com/btxxv5
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.