Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 42

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages (called "tweets") that you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 42nd edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top): Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.
You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

  1. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes Most famous physician in Japan has published over 150 books SINCE his 75th birthday: http://is.gd/ji0B
  2. RobboBiteTheDust RT @DrCris: @bellavitany What can I say? It's hard being a genius. Especially one without a Nobel prize or other proof. _ I gave up trying
  3. Jeff Jarvisjeffjarvis Too perfect: Google buys paper mill in Finland and replaces it with a data center. Trees snicker.
  4. Michael Harkessmichaelharkess Self Defense Tip: The six P's…..prior preparation and planning prevents poor performance.
  5. Paul Kedroskypkedrosky love how jamie dimon can't remember the names of the various regulators that regulate him.
  6. docureldocurel it is flu season... buisness if flourishing.
  7. David Schronceschroncd Study shows higher SAT scores due to drop in lead levels in kid's blood. In other words, you'll score higher if you don't eat the #2 pencil.
  8. Paul Kedroskypkedrosky @johnbattelle had that "what daddy does" conversation with my 5-year-old today. he started crying and said, "I don't want to be an adult".
  9. dick costolodickc in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King. Then again, what fun is it being King if nobody can see you?
  10. joemdjoemd MD Life: A patient is demented, yet she performs well on cognitive testing. Sometimes tests don't reflect decline from a bright baseline.
  11. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes Asthma visit -- Question: "Do you have any wheezing?" -- Answer: "My hearing is bad, so even if I have, I can't hear it."
  12. David PoguePogue I met Evan Williams (creator of Twitter) at TED. He said "tweets" is a totally user-made-up name. Twitter Inc. doesn't use that term
  13. Paul Kedroskypkedrosky i love the people i meet at the margins, like near exits during #ted event, random stairway encounters, etc. fellow preterite.
  14. Jeremy ManierJeremyManier I've been a blogger for just a few hours and already my site has crashed. Bad omen, or a result of huge traffic? (My money's on bad omen.)

If you are included in this post but would like to have your tweet removed for any reason, please email me and will comply with your request the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment