- Optimists live longer, healthier lives than pessimists according to a study of 100,000 women. Optimists were 14 percent less likely to die from any cause and 30 percent less likely to die from heart disease. Cynically hostile women were 16 percent more likely to die of any cause, 23 percent more likely to die from cancer http://is.gd/m1kw
- Women in tense, strained marriages are more likely to develop high blood pressure and obesity http://is.gd/lRTl
- People who work well beyond the standard 40-hour week may show a faster mental decline in middle-age. People who worked 55 hours or more showed a greater decline in reasoning ability over five years http://is.gd/m1lV
- Medication Skin Patches May Cause Burns During MRI, some skin patches contain aluminum or other metals http://is.gd/m1mF
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN medical correspondent, has withdrawn his name from consideration as surgeon general of the U.S. http://is.gd/lZVX
- Manhattan Dialysis Clinic May Have Infected 9 Patients With Hepatitis C http://is.gd/m1hV
Health News of the Day
Health News of the Day is a daily summary made from the selected links I post on Twitter. It is in a bullet points format with links to the original sources which include 350 RSS feeds that produce about 2,500 items per day.