- Dr. Matthew Mintz: "Lantus Causes Cancer! Why Doesn't Anyone Seem Care?" - Insulin like growth factor (IGF-1) stimulates tumor growth. Lantus has a greater affinity for IGF-1 than human insulin. Levemir that has very little affinity for IGF-1 receptor (less than even human insulin) and is as effective as Lantus http://bit.ly/wv8d5
- Evidence does not support using probiotics to treat Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, CCJM: http://bit.ly/kscTy
- Statins Reduce Heart Attacks and Strokes in Patients With Normal Cholesterol http://bit.ly/gAAd4
- Better USMLE 2 score associated with students caring for more patients/day http://is.gd/1k0gw & http://is.gd/1k0hb - Students, not residents.
- 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the U.S. Rankings for 2009 http://bit.ly/1ancNS
- FDA advisers vote to take Vicodin, Percocet off market http://bit.ly/BeDwG
- Dermatology Online Journal is a free open access journal supported by UC-Davis, Creative Commons license http://bit.ly/kzA3r
- Dr. Wes on the issue of placing pacers in 100-year olds http://bit.ly/11V2f
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.