- Quitting smoking causes a quick drop in inflammation markers such as CRP, TNF and IL-6 http://bit.ly/sRcQH
- DASH Diet, Designed to Cut High Blood Pressure, May Also Make Kidney Stones Less Likely http://bit.ly/9a0w0
- Are freshwater fish as healthy to eat as ocean fish? http://bit.ly/1LDarV - Probably not. Dioxins and PCBs build up in freshwater fish.
- 25% of world’s population doesn’t taste bitter, some Neanderthals were in the same boat. Human (Homo sapiens) and Neanderthal lineages began to diverge a half-million years ago http://bit.ly/16oq26
- Talk to my agent: Some physicians let others arrange the job http://bit.ly/2NSSsq
- Half of American children 12 and older have cellphones http://bit.ly/1eo5dB
- Osteoporosis drugs pamidronate and zoledronate effective in killing flu viruses in vitro http://bit.ly/AVqEx
- Children with lower-than-average intelligence are more likely to die young http://bit.ly/1OEi0k
- NYT: Do Real Men Go to the Doctor? http://bit.ly/lgWYT - Yes, they do... :)
- "Social and medical history, all rolled into one" http://bit.ly/17mkFI
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.